Cape Town Initiative addresses the importance of mental health and the day-to-day struggles shared by people living in impoverished areas and how these realities and challenges can affect young persons psychology and physiology.
The Mindful Living Program was introduced by the Western Cape Education Department as part of their Trauma-Informed Schools Initiative in 2018.
The programme teaches learners and educators across the province how to de-stress through yoga, breathing practices and mindfulness meditation.
Also On #OwnTheBlock
List of schools actively partaking in the Mindful Living programme:
1. Boundary Primary School Bonteheuwel
2. Arcadia High School
3. Bonteheuwel High School
4. Windmere High School
5. Mary Kihn School for the Deaf
6. Observatory Primary School
7. Athwood Primary School
8. Factreton Primary School
9. Good Hope Seminary High School
10. San Souci Girls High School
11. Bramble Way Primary School
12. Vista High School
13. St Pauls Primary School
14. Tenderton Programme with Learners with behaviour problems
15. Modderdam High School
16. Klipfontein Primary School
17. Sentinel Primary School
18. Golden Grove Primary School